Hi There! I'm Laurene.
My mission as a Virtual Assistant is to help business owners simplify their lives by doing the mundane, day-to-day tasks that take up time, freeing you to do the extraordinary things you rock at and start living your life to its fullest.
I get it. I’ve been there. You have a passion for your business, you have great ideas and lots of plans. Great plans! You are destined to be amazing.
I’ve had my toes dipped into several crafty businesses that didn’t succeed because I was bogged down by the tedious day-to-day details of running the business – I was the secretarial pool, the marketing department, the kid that does the social media stuff, the graphics guru, and so on. There was SO much work to keep the business profitable, I didn’t have time to do what I love – making the crafts by hand to sell to the masses. It was either craft or manage an online store. I couldn't do both.
Now I want to help YOU do what you love and not worry about the mundane!
- I am a professional business woman with over 30 years of experience in many different areas.
- I am proficient in all the standard office desktop software having over 25 years’ experience with MS Office Suite.
- I have a diversified skill set covering:
- Executive administrative support
- Online content design and creation
- Interactive Media Development and programming for America Online and AOL Canada
- Project management
- Customer service and event planning
- I have worked with several Fortune-500 companies and small businesses, so I understand the gamut of their needs.
- As an Interactive Media Developer for America Online/AOL Canada, I used their proprietary language and specialized in several techniques that at the time were cutting edge.
- I can speak both technical-ease and business-ease, bridging the gap between techies and business people.
- I created and maintained an online e-commerce store that sold hand-crafted items for several local artists.
- As an elementary school computer lab assistant, I was the coordinator for standardized test scheduling and assisted in creating computer lab lessons. I also did computer troubleshooting for the school.
For Fun –
I love to help empower and inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident while training to run a 5K. The best part is seeing the expressions of pride and happiness on the girl’s faces when they realize they CAN complete a 5k!
Those are my kids in the picture before the season-end 5k. Running and coaching were our super powers!
As a hobby, I sell sewing patterns I create. I take a craft pattern from concept to creating a prototype, to transforming physical pattern pieces to digital, and finally creating detailed instructions, including pictures, on how to sew the project.